The River Recreation staff has created the following protocols for the 2020 rafting season or until the CDC and/or Washington State health authorities declare it safe to return to normal operating procedures.
- To NOT use the public endpoint/take-out facility but rather to only utilize our private headquarters as the endpoint to all our trips on the Wenatchee River.
- To provide private rafts for any booking of five or more guests.
- To disinfect and wash ALL river gear used on each trip completely and not reuse any PFD’s, Wetsuits, booties, and helmets for a 72-hour period (per the US Coast Guard’s recommendations).
- To provide private rafting orientation/training for each raft individually with your guide.
- To disinfect and clean surfaces such as doorknobs, counters, paddles, helmets, and river clothing prior to/after EVERY use.
- To provide multiple changing areas for guests to change into river gear.
- To provide multiple hand washing stations/ hand sanitizing stations.
- To completely disinfect all shuttle busses in between each trip.
- To not allow the general public to be present at our on-river basecamp – our basecamp is for our guests and staff only and not open to the public.
We ask our guests to pledge:
- If you have symptoms of Covid-19, please refrain from rafting (and other stuff too).
- Please arrive with your participation agreement completely filled out.
- Please arrive wearing your base layer (swimsuits) under your street clothes for ease of private changing.
- Please practice social distancing at all times, even in our parking lot.
We are thankful for the following:
- You! Our amazing guests that allow us to share our love for river rafting and the amazing staff who has committed to making your experience safe in every way.
- Our one-of-a-kind Basecamp on the Wenatchee River with all the versatility and social-distancing it allows us.
As the owner/operator of River Recreation, I believe that the safety and well-being of our guests and employees should always be #1, and I pledge to create sensible solutions in a world of uncertainty. Should you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to contact me using the information provided below. Thank you.
With Warm Regards,
Owner and Operator of River Recreation